The College has a functional library. The library is headed by a qualified Chief Librarian. The College librarian shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College library and the coordination of the Library services in the College.
Structure of the College Library: The Kaduna State College of Education library has the following organisational structure
- Circulation unit
- Reference unit
- Serial unit
- Technical unit
- Bindery unit
- E-library unit
Circulation Unit: It is a unit that is responsible for lending out books and receiving same back at a due date. Late in return of any borrowed book by the borrower is subject to a charge of reasonable amount by the Library authority.
Reference Unit: It is a unit where staff and students of the institution can access materials that are specialized in nature.
Serial Unit: This unit is responsible for acquisition of new dailies, projects, thesis, journals etc.
Reserve Unit: It is a unit where special materials that are of limited copies are kept for use after due permission from the officer in charge of that unit. Books in the reserve unit are never loaned out.
Technical Unit: This is a unit that acquires new materials, treats new arrivals e.g. stamping, giving accessioning number, cataloguing and classify the information before it is put into use.
Bindery: In this unit, all torn books are mended; projects and theses can be bound in this unit.
E-Library: This is another section in a library where computers are installed for educational purposes such as research works, reading, assignments etc
- The library opens at 8:00am and closes at 9:00pm from Mondays to Fridays. However, on Saturdays, the library opens at 9:00 am and closed at 1:00pm.
- Every registered member is issued library card/ID and borrowing tickets.
- Every registered member should have access to the facilities in the college library.
- All library users are required to show their library cards before they are allowed access to the library.
- In the event of a loss of the borrowing ticket, a reasonable fee (amount) will be charged for replacement.